Logger Fall Sports
First Practice Dates
VHS - August 15, 2022
VMS - August 22, 2022
All the schools in the Northwest League are unified in endorsing the sportsmanship code of conduct established by the OSAA. As a member school, we strongly recommend that all participants and fans conduct themselves in a responsible and sportsmanslike manner. "Let the coaches coach, the officials officiate and the players play."
Vernonia High School participates as a member of the Northwest League at
the 2A Level. Vernonia School District provides diverse opportunities for
developing athletes. Team sports run year-round for the Loggers and
afford opportunities for all who desire to participate.
Athletic Director | Gordon Jarman
Athletic Secretary| Teresa Williams
FOR SCORES and RESULTS: osaa.org
For track and cross country results:
VHS ATHLETIC ADMISSION PRICES
For home Football, Volleyball, Wrestling, and Basketball Contests
- Adults - $6.00
- Adults Age 62 and older - FREE
- VMS/VHS Students - $3.00
- VMS/VHS Students w/Student Body Card - FREE
- Visiting Students - $6.00
- Visiting Students w/Student Body Card - $3.00
- Season Pass for One Person - $90.00
- Season Pass for Family - $150.00
Thank You for Supporting Logger Athletics
HELP US RAISE FUNDS
FOR A NEW COVERED
STADIUM! Contact Gordon Jarman - firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help get this project to completion.
VHS ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
The Vernonia High School (VHS) Hall of Fame was established for the purpose of recognizing former VHS student athletes or coaches for their outstanding achievement in athletics while attending VHS, outstanding community members that have contributed above and beyond what is generally accepted as normal volunteerism to the VHS athletic programs and students that have graduated from VHS and have gone on to achieve outstanding recognition in athletics after they have graduated from VHS.
CATEGORIES FOR SELECTION
Group One - Older Athletes: Those nominees that have graduated from VHS prior to ten years ago.
Group Two - Modern Day Athletes: Those nominees that have graduated from VHS at least five years previously but not more than ten years.
Community Members: Those members of the community that have, over time, exhibited by their volunteerism, dedication and contributions to VHS Athletics, gone beyond the normal realm of what is expected for individuals to contribute.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Team Sports: Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball and Softball. The inductee must meet the following criteria:
1. The inductee must have graduated from Vernonia High School and have been out of high school at least five years before being inducted.
2. The athlete must have been selected as an all-state athlete on the first or second teams or have been selected to play in the East West Shrine football game, the state All-Star basketball series, or in the All-Star baseball / softball series.
Individual Sports: Cross Country, Wrestling, Track and Field, Equestrian and Golf. The inductee must meet the following criteria:
1. Place first or second in the OSAA state meet for their sport, or
2. Place first or second in the OHSET state meet, or
3. Place in the top three in the state Freestyle or Greco Roman wrestling meet, or
4. Be selected to the Oregon Coaches Cultural Exchange wrestling team.
PROCESS FOR SELECTION
Nominees are to be submitted to the VHS Athletic Director in writing with verifiable qualifications to be considered for induction VHS Athletic Hall of Fame. Nominations are accepted throughout the year. The Athletic Director will compile a list of nominations and present them to the Selection Committee for consideration. After the Selection Committee has reviewed all nominations, they will determine the number and names of those to be selected for the VHS Hall of Fame. That number is not to exceed six individuals and one team per year.
Selection Committee: The Selection Committee shall be made up of the following people:
1. Athletic Director
2. High School Principal or their designee
3. Vernonia Boosters President or their designee
4. Two Community Members / Volunteers
After the selections to the VHS Athletic Hall of Fame have been made, an induction ceremony will be held. The Athletic Director will contact the inductees and inform them of their selection, inviting them to participate in the induction ceremony. Pictures of each inductee will be taken for placement on the the VHS Hall of Fame wall and commemorative wall plaques will be provided to the inductees. The induction ceremony will be held away from the school site and will include a ceremonial dinner.
VHS Athletic Director:
1000 Missouri Avenue
Vernonia, OR 97064